It’s that time of year when everyone starts making jokes about the backside attack. Here’s a few resources to check out:
1) A SN1/SN2/E1/E2 decision flowchart from Prof. Kevin Shaughnessy at Alabama: PDF
2) An SN1/SN2/E1/E2 summary sheet from FreelanceTeach: PDF
3) Practice problems (and solutions) from Prof. Bill Reusch: link (go to right hand side under “Functional Group Reactions”, start at #16)
4) SUNY Stony Brook Random Exam Generator – go to Chem 321 Exam #2 (this focuses on SN1/Sn2/E1/E2 as well as on some conformational analysis).
5) Video series on SN1/SN2/E1/E2 from FreelanceTeach on Youtube
6) One of the best course websites out there is run by Prof. Ian Gould at ASU – you can find a *ton* of useful stuff there. Here are some quick practice exercises for SN1/SN2/E1/E2: link
You can also get links like this if you sign up for my Twitter stream at @jamesashchem
P.S. Need a summary sheet for the SN1/SN2/E1/E2? You can download one from my Shopify site, along with 10 other powerful summary sheets for Org 1. It’s like having an instant set of study notes for your course!